Indulgent chocolates are always an integral part of Valentine’s Day, so get scoffing – and who cares if you’re in love or not!
Our friend and professional free runner Mitch ‘chef’ Lee has created a fantastic healthy low fat and low sugar recipe with our Java Santos coffee that you can indulge yourself with over and over again.
“Check out these beauties! The texture turned out amazing and they worked out at under 50 calories a truffle so happy days!
Firstly let me begin by saying don’t be put off or scared by the avocado. I promise you cannot taste it and the texture it provides is incredible! This recipe packs a powerful antioxidant punch and with the healthy fats and zero added sugar they are a great healthy treat!”
1 Ripe Avocado (120g)
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1tsp (6g) – Java Santos Coffee
50g Meadow Churn Quark (or Greek Yoghurt)
1tsp Vanilla Extract
30g Xylitol (or stevia/ sweetener)
20g (2 Squares) 85% Dark Chocolate
- Begin by mashing the avocado in a bowl with a fork or back of a spoon until smooth
- Next, melt the dark chocolate in a bain-marie or microwave, then add it into the bowl along with all the other ingredients and mix until smooth and well integrated
- Pat down the mixture in the bowl so that it sits flat, then place it into the refrigerator to slightly set for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- After letting it set, remove from the fridge and using a teaspoon, scoop out a little of the mixture and roll into balls. It should make around 12 small truffles depending on the size you roll them
- Finally roll in your desired coating! Try dessicated coconut, ground almonds and cocoa powder as all 3 styles are delicious.
- If you would like the texture a little more set, once coated, place in the freezer for 30 minutes or so. This makes them a little harder and the flavours come out even more.
Enjoy! And don’t forget there is 10% off Java Santos all of February – just enter code jav10 at checkout
For more news of Mitch’s recipes and his training, please visit his Facebook page HERE!
Please add any special requirements to the Order Notes field on the Checkout page.