May 1, 2023
TRY OUR RECIPE AND SEND A PICTURE OF YOUR BEST EFFORT!
A favourite recipe, but this foolproof method tried and tested by the editor!
- 400ml double cream
- 250g mascarpone
- 75ml marsala
- 5 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 300ml coffee, made with House of Coffee espresso grind (preferable) but filter/cafetiére OK, and 300ml near boiling water
- 175g sponge fingers
- 25g dark chocolate
- 2tsp cocoa powder
- STEP 1Put the double cream, mascarpone, marsala and golden caster sugar in a large bowl.
- STEP 2Whisk until the cream and mascarpone have completely combined and have the consistency of thickly whipped cream.
- STEP 3Pour the coffee into a shallow dish. Dip in a few of the sponge fingers at a time, turning for a few seconds until they are nicely soaked, but not soggy. Layer these in a dish until you’ve used half the sponge fingers, then spread over half of the creamy mixture.
- STEP 4Using the coarse side of the grater, grate over most of the dark chocolate. Then repeat the layers (you should use up all the coffee), finishing with the creamy layer.
- STEP 5Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. Will keep in the fridge for up to two days.
- STEP 6To serve, dust with the cocoa powder and grate over the remainder of the chocolate.